Thursday, September 12, 2013

Season 3 Premieres With A New Improved Version Of The X Factor

I did not realize the third season of The X Factor was premiering last night til I saw my DVR was recording it.

I thought I'd cancelled my DVR's recording of The X Factor, last season, after I tired of it.

I don't know if it is too soon to judge such a thing, but judging from the premiere episode it appears that The X Factor has fixed a lot of what made this show annoying to watch.

The show seemed fast paced, well edited, little filler. Little pointless chatter. Much less flash and noise.

The new judges, Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio, seem eons better, on first exposure, than Brittney Spears and L.A. Reid.

Particularly L.A. Reid. Mr. Reid was just not a good television presence.

Also dumped is Khloe Kardashian. Leaving Mario Lopez as the sole host, with Mario being very subdued and barely a presence.

The dynamic between Simon Cowell and three female fellow judges seems to have a pleasant feel to it. So far.

Is the 3rd attempt the charm? Will The X Factor finally become the hit that Simon Cowell was so sure it was going to be? Time will tell. But, just judging from episode number one of season three, it would seem that The X Factor may have fine tuned itself sufficiently to finally draw more viewers than it repels.

I did not adjust the settings on my DVR after viewing last night's The X Factor episode....

No comments: