Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Season 16 of Dancing with the Stars with Lisa Vanderpump


It seems like only yesterday a new show started up on ABC, the premise of which seemed silly to me, and now we are about to have the premiere of Season 16 of Dancing with the Stars.

The premise no longer seems silly to me. Although the use of the word "Stars" in the title remains a bit silly, what with many of the "Stars" usually being people I've never heard of.

The "Stars" doing the dancing this time are Kellie Pickler, Dorothy Hamill, Ingo Rademacher, Aly Raisman, Zendaya Coleman, Victor Ortiz, Andy Dick, Lisa Vanderpump, Jacoby Jones, D.L. Hughley and Wynonna Judd.

I am familiar with more of these "Stars" than I usually am when I learn of the new dancing cast of "Stars" on a new edition of DWTS.

This time I am aware of the "Stardom" of Kellie Pickler, Dorothy Hamill, Ingo Rademacher, Andy Dick, Lisa Vanderpump and Wynonna Judd.

I had read that Derek Hough was bailing on Dancing with the Stars. But that turned out to be not true, because he is paired with Kellie Pickler. Kellie Pickler I remember from American Idol. She is amusing.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy, my favorite of the professional dancers, because he is one amusing Ukrainian, is off the show. However, Mak's brother Valentin, is paired with a Disney "Star" I've never heard of before named Zendaya Coleman.

My favorite of all the "Stars" is Lisa Vanderpump. I know Lisa from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I think Lisa is about to find herself millions of new fans. And millions of viewers are also about to find themselves totally charmed by a little Pomeranian named Giggy. Lisa will be dancing with a new pro named Gleb Savchenko. The name makes me think it's another Russian. Lisa paired with Maks would have been fun.

Andy Dick is a funnyman. He is paired with another new pro, Sharna Burgess.

Wynonna Judd is hoping that doing a lot of dancing will help her lose some weight. I think she looks just fine just the way she is. Wynonna is paired with Tony Dovolani, who won the previous season of Dancing with the Stars, dancing with Bachelor reject, Melissa Rycroft.

D.L. Hughley is a stand-up comedian who I've never seen. He will be dancing with Cheryl Burke. Usually whoever gets paired with Cheryl Burke does real well.

Dancing with the Stars always seems to have a professional basketball or football player I've never heard of. This time it is a Baltimore Ravens wide receiver named Jacoby Jones. He will be dancing with Karina Smirnoff. Karina's partners usually do well, except for ex-fiance, Maks, who Karina dumped.

This time we have 2 professional sports people. In addition to Jacoby Jones, a boxer named Victor Ortiz is paired with another newcomer, named Lindsay Arnold.

We also have a couple non-professional athletes.

Famous Olympian figure skater, Dorothy Hamill, is paired with the Irish pro dancer named Tristan MacManus. Tristan always seems to do well with his partners.

Another Olympian, Aly Raisman, she being a gold medal winner at last summer's London Olympics, is paired with two-time winner, Mark Ballas.

And finally we have an ABC soap star, Ingo Rademacher, Jax on General Hospital. Ingo will be dancing with Kym Johnson.

I did not watch the All-Stars version of Dancing with the Stars. Watching former "Stars" be "All-Stars" did not interest me. Watching a new set of "Stars" try to learn to dance, that interests me.

It will be amusing to see how Lisa Vanderpump does. I suspect she may do surprising well.

No comments: