Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ABC's The Bachelorette: Reid Rejected, Ed With ED

I'm appalled that Jillian dumped Reid. Reid seemed totally sane and sensible and realistic. And that pairing was less painful to watch than watching her with Kiptyn and Ed.

So, that Fantasy Suite card was whipped out again, with this time everyone on board for it, to varying degrees of success.

Before Kiptyn got his pass to the Fantasyland, he and Jillian had a very Freudian moment where Jillian had a lot of trouble getting on top of a big pole. With a lot of encouragement from Kiptyn, Jillian made it, but she failed in the climax of the ordeal, that being taking a leap of faith and grabbing a bar.

I don't remember much of the Fantasy Suite part of Jillian and Reid. I do remember they seemed to be having fun in Hawaii.

So, it turned out to be Ed who had a case of Fantasy Suite ED. Jillian was quite upset. Apparently she'd looked forward to getting to know Ed better, in the Biblical sense, than Kiptyn or Reid. I would have thought that after meeting Ed's parents, his stock would have gone down a bit.

I think next week is the episode where all the rejects, including Reid, come back for much mayhem and hilarity. I hope they get them well liquored up first.

Below is an amusing blurb I found on one of the many Internet Forums debating the serious issues raised by this highbrow show, this is a missive directed at Jillian from a heartsick viewer.....

I seriously don't know what to say to Jillian…I mean, yes, the point of this show is to help YOU find love and for YOU to have a happy ending, but in the process of this show, I've definitely fallen in love with Reid. You guys together were probably the most real I have seen on this show, so far, and I've watched a lot of seasons. I was shocked, to say the least, when you let him go…I don't know what to say. From a viewer's perspective, the chemistry, the LOVE was undeniable between the two of you and I don't mean to be rude, but I can not believe that you didn't go by what you felt, but instead went by what you heard. With time, I felt like Reid would have told you how he was feeling. And the entire time, HE WAS THE ONE BEING REALISTIC, I mean you guys have only known each other for about 6-8 weeks. To expect a proposal from a guy you've only dated for two months AND at the same time were dating other people, is just plain ridiculous. For the first half of the season, you were so calm about the expectation coming out of this show and for the last two episodes, you've been ALL ABOUT THE ENGAGEMENT. I think that he was living in real life and wanted to know if this would work in real life instead of the fantasy land you guys were in. I think he had his head on screwed right.When Ed said I love you on the video, the HUGELY skeptic part of me didn't believe him. And I could only gush when Reid said honey bear. All I can do right now is wish you goodluck with whoever, and maybe buy myself a plane ticket to Philly to comfort my favorite bachelor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Reid! I'm sad the is gone. Bad move letting him go.

Anonymous said...

I think she sent one good man away. He would ahve been better off staying than Ed, though he seems like a nice guy too but if he had left her before in the middle of the show and then decided he wants to come back, what makes her think he's not gonna do it again.

Jillian seems to have sent a lot of the better suited guys home and kept the lousy ones, like she kept Wes on even though she was repeatedly told he had a girlfriend though he lied to her straight faced the whole time.
What a snake he was.....hope she makes the right choice but it seems she is probably going to choose the one that will end up NOT being the man that is right for her in the end.

Durango TV said...

That whole Fantasy Suite thing with Ed really lost me. All that oil. Lights out. Lights back on. Camera still there with Jillian on top of Ed who is laying on his stomach, while Jillian comforts him regarding his "failure."

Reid seems to be a likable, normal, sensible guy. The other two, not so much.

Anonymous said...

I would like to recommend "REID" TO BE THE NEXT bACHELOR!!!!!

He is such a sweet gentle and genuine man and whoever gets her is a lucky lucky woman.....

Anonymous said...

Yea, that was strange to me too. Why would they devulge intimate details like that? That was so embarrasing.

My question is, are they really being intimate already, I mean all the way?

Durango TV said...

Anonymous----I used to think that nothing of the sort that you're thinking took place in those Fantasy Suites, due to it seeming so unseemly. But, I now believe I was wrong. As unlikely as it seems I think that Jillian had her way with Kiptyn and Reid and was going in for the kill with Ed, when it fizzled. If I were Ed, I would have fizzled too. The situation is just too ridiculous not to fizzle, or really, to even to get in the position where fizzling were even possible.