Saturday, January 3, 2009

Real Housewives of New York City's Alex

I saw my other blog was getting a lot of hits on something I wrote long about Bravo's Real Housewives of New York City. I did not know, at that time, that today Bravo is running a Marathon of Housewives of NYC episodes.

I learned about the Marathon at lunch, when I turned on the TV and it was already on Bravo and The Real Housewives of New York City reunion episode was running.

I remember the reunion episode as being very bizarre and entertaining. With Alex McCord and her gay Australian husband, Simon, wannabe social climbers, who live in a rundown fixer upper, spending $10K on tickets to some opera opening event, along with another $10K for a new dress for Alex. So they can be seen on the red carpet by high society. And make eye contact with Jane Fonda.

When called on all their pretentiousness about being part of New York society, both Alex and Simon acted as if it was editing that made them look like foolish fools. Then clips were shown, showing Alex and Simon thrilled to see that the back of Alex had made it on to page 25 of the Society section of the New York Times.

Even after being presented with the evidence, Alex and Simon continued to deny that this was them, acting like fools. The others, including the host were exasperated.

And then the subject turned to nude photos of Alex that had turned up, mysteriously, during the course of the show. Alex is quite proud of them. Ramona's gag reflex kicked in and she made a very lady-like exit from the stage.

Bethany said she had seen the photos and she complimented Alex on them. I thought Bethany was being very generous. I've seen the photos. I would not do any complimenting about them. Then Bethany asked Alex if the photos just showed New York. Or did they go all the way to Florida?

Alex said, there were only tasteful topless shots.

Well. I have seen the photos. Not only do the photos go all the way to Florida, they go to South Florida, they go all the way down to Key West. A gynecologist could do an exam just by looking at those photos.

So, basically, Alex and her gay husband, Simon, are total liars. Either that or they have achieved some amazing level of self-delusion that I did not think was humanly possible.

Trust me, if you have any appreciation of the naked female form in its beautiful glory, you do not want to be seeing the naked photos of Alex with the censor spots removed. It took me at least to recover. I still have nightmares where Alex crops up and scares me.

No comments: