Monday, January 19, 2009

Hour 5 Tonight on 24

The 4 Hour season start of 24 on Fox did not disappoint. 24 had been absent for too long, so my memory might be faulty, but it seemed, to me, as if the number of twists and unexpected turns was breaking a 24 record.

I'm thinking running the 24: Redemption prequel in November, that helped set up the new season, helped amp up the speed of the plot.

I was liking the demise of CTU and finally a new location, not centered on Los Angeles. But by hour 2 I was starting to think that except for Jack and, the for awhile, evil, Tony Almeda, there were none of the 24 regulars.

As in no dour funny Chloe.

And then Jack breaks Tony away from FBI custody into the waiting van of the former head of CTU, Bill Buchanan, so then we had one more regular.

With the best moment being when Bill got Jack and Tony to their secret location, went inside, and Chloe walked out from the shadows.

Chloe was looking good in a setting other than CTU. I hope we get to see Chloe and some good machine gun action some time during the day.

They have 20 hours to go. 19 after tonight. Currently 24 is back being my favorite TV show. The past few seasons it wasn't. But then again, 24 has 20 hours to go sour on me.

No comments: