Thursday, December 4, 2008

Elisha Cuthbert's Bad Ex-Boyfriend Sean Avery

I was listening to the radio yesterday whilst driving. A radio guy was bantering about something some NHL player said about Elisha Cuthbert. But the radio said he couldn't say it on the air. I wasn't too curious, though I did know who Elisha Cuthbert is, she being Jack Bauer's mistake prone daughter, Kim, on Fox's 24.

This morning I remembered yesterday's radio talk so I Googled Elish Cuthbert. It was not hard to find the info I sought.

Apparently in the NHL (that's hockey for you other non-sports fans), you can get suspended indefinitely for using the phrase "sloppy seconds."

It seems Elisha Cuthbert has a penchant for hockey players. One of her hockey boyfriends is a guy named Sean Avery. In researching this important news I read Sean Avery described as "looking like an inbred scarecrow with leprosy." That's Avery on the right, right at the moment he uttered the fatal words. By process of elimination you should be able to figure that that is Elisha in the bikini.

So, Elisha had dumped Sean Avery and moved on to a fresh hockey player, he being Dion Phaneuf. Soon after the dumping, Sean Avery returned to Canada where microphones and TV crews greeted him, when he uttered the words that have gotten him banned, saying...

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary. I love Canada and I just wanted to comment on how it's become a common thing for guys in the NHL to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about."

It seems Sean Avery has annoyed the NHL previously. Tuesday night the league banned Avery, indefinitely, for "inappropriate" comments and conduct "detrimental" to the game of hockey, pending a hearing with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman for making derogatory comments about his former girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert.

Maybe I'm just terribly insensitive, but I really don't get why such a fuss would be made over the phrase "sloppy seconds." And why that radio guy could not say "sloppy seconds" on the air. I thought it must have been something way worse than "sloppy seconds." Several words and phrases come to mind. But I won't print them here.

No comments: