Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Surviving Survivor & American Idol

Today being Wednesday, tonight we have new episodes of American Idol and Survivor for our viewing pleasure.

I don't know if I'll be watching.

Survivor has become a bit of a bore with the women so totally outwitting, outlasting and outplaying the men.

And then there is American Idol. I think the Judges' Save gimmick on American Idol is so annoying.

The winner of American Idol is supposedly the result of viewers voting. It made perfectly good sense, to me, that Jessica Sanchez got fewer votes than the other 6.

As soon as it was known that Joshua Ledet, Elise Testone and Jessica were the bottom 3, Steven Tyler said the save would be used.

I can see why all three of these got the least votes.

Skylar Laine was not in the bottom 3 due to the country music fans liking her. Hollie Cavanaugh was not in the bottom 3 due to all the little girls identifying with the albino pixie. Colton Dixon was not in the bottom 3 due to those who don't mind someone wearing their religion on their sleeve, and those same little girls who like Hollie. Phillip Phillips was not in the bottom 3 due to the fact he actually seems like he could be a pop star.

Joshua Ledet, in my opinion, was in the bottom 3 due to the fact that it does not seem like he could be a pop start. The one I think is the most talented, Elise Testone, was in the bottom 3 because few men, teenage or grownup, vote.

And then there is Jessica. She's young. She may sing well, but she is a bit lacking in the personality department.

I thought it borderline rude how the Judges acted as if America had made a big mistake, committed a sinful wrong. So, Jessica got saved. To get the boot tomorrow? That would be my bet if one could bet on such a thing.

No comments: