Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Top Chef Texas Premieres Tonight On Bravo TV 9/8C

Tom & Padma in Top Chef Texas
Seconds ago I saw this ad on my Durango TV Blog. I then checked to make sure what the ad was telling me was correct.

It was.

Tonight Top Chef Texas has its premiere on Bravo at 10/9C.

Top Chef Texas takes place in Austin, San Antonio and the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.

I was at the Fort Worth Stockyards a week ago today. As I was sitting on a bench beside the main street that runs through the Stockyards I saw a beautiful brunette in cowboy boots and a short skirt walking towards me with a group of less beautiful sorts. From a block away I thought it was Padma Lakshmi. I was soon to be disappointed that it was not Padma.

Celebrity Chef, Tim Love, who has been on Top Chef and Top Chef Masters, has two restaurants in the Fort Worth Stockyards, the Love Shack and the Lonesome Dove Bistro. I suspect Tim Love will show up on Top Chef Texas.

Former Top Chef cheftestant, Casey Thompson, was associated with a restaurant in Fort Worth, the Brownstone, but she was rarely there and has now moved on to a new restaurant in California's wine country.

Tre Wilcox, who was on both Top Chef and Top Chef All-Stars, has a restaurant in Dallas. I believe Tre ceased being Executive Chef at Loft to open his own restaurant, named, I think, Marquee Grill.

Defunct Restaurant Go Fish Boat Club's Website
Fan favorite, Tiffany Deery was Executive Chef at Go Fish Ocean Club in Dallas. However, according to Dallas News "DRG Concepts has closed Go Fish Ocean Club , the North Dallas restaurant where "Top Chef" star Tiffany Derry ruled the stoves."

I thought I remembered reading that Tiffany had moved on, but not that her restaurant had closed.

Go Fish Boat Club still has a website up and running, on which they feature Tiffany Deery. Maybe with the recovering economy the restaurant re-opened and re-hired Tiffany.

I must remember to make sure my DVR is set to record Top Chef Texas.

No comments: