Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love---Ali Leaves to Go Back to Work

I don't know how many Bachelor and Bachelorettes there have been during the run of the ABC The Bachelor train wreck. I have watched a few of them.

There has always been a sort of hokey fake aspect to this reality show. With Monday night's episode seeming the most scripted yet.

Is it now to be a standard plot twist on the Bachelor/Bachelorette? That one of the contenders gets an ultimatum to return to work?

On The Bachelorette it was Ed who left a, supposedly, devastated Jillian to return to work and then return to Jillian, who then picked Ed for the win, I mean wedding.

And last night we had Ali given a work ultimatum, after she brought Jake to her hometown. Back in Beverly Hills, Ali arrives to have a very badly written conversation with Jake about her terrible dilemma. If only he could let her know that she should stay, she would.

Jake begged her to stay, with no guarantees she would be his Mrs., Ali then left Jake's hotel room, walking alone down the hall, to collapse, sobbing, on the floor.

But, wait, coming up, on The Bachelor, Jake flies Vienna, Gia and Tenley to, I think, St. Lucia, where, surprise, he gets a phone call from Ali. I'm sure once she got back to work and her boss saw what a mess she was, he told her to fly to the Caribbean. Is that Ali arriving by helicopter, in the previews, where the voice over says it's the most dramatic conclusion to The Bachelor in the history of the world.

So, next week Jake and the girls are on a Caribbean island, where the notorious Fantasy Suites await. I hope Jake suffers no Ed-like malfunctions.

I can not help but wonder how it was Ali took time off from work without making certain that it was okay to be gone for 3 weeks in order to find a husband.

And, for some more confusion. Why did I think Ali lived in San Francisco? Was it because she called it her town, that she would show Jake around her town? Didn't they walk through her neighborhood? So, why am I reading, on a news website, that Ali returned to her job as an advertising account manager. In Williamstown, Massachusetts?

I hope Jake is up to handling Vienna in the Fantasy Suite. I'd be nervous if I were him.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I like your blog -- very witty and you write about the Bachelor, of which I have an unhealthy obsession! Ali works for Facebook as an advertising account manager in San Francisco. At least that's what I read. Her hometown with her mom is in Massachusetts.