Friday, July 13, 2012

Steven Tyler Leaves American Idol Before His Rabbit Gets Boiled

I have no idea what Steven Tyler meant when he said, "After some long, hard, thoughts, I've decided it's time to let go of my mistress 'American Idol' before she boils my rabbit.

Boils his rabbit?

Tyler also said, "I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I'm back, but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I've got two fists in the air and I'm kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass, the ultimate in auditory takeover. Idol was over the top fun, and I loved every minute of it. Now it's time to bring Rock back."

I've never understood why some viewers thought the former American Idol judge was drug addled.

Jennifer Lopez is also making noises about leaving American Idol.

If she goes, that leaves Randy Jackson and Ryan Seacrest as the only remaining originals.

Apparently the ratings for American Idol took a dive this year. What with way too many singing competitions on TV, a ratings dive is not too surprising. That and maybe viewers have tired of year after year of WGWG (White Guy With Guitar) winners. With none of them rising to the Kelly Clarkson/Carrie Underwood superstar zone.

I have some hope for Phillip Phillips and his guitar, though.

No comments: